Trust me, I’m a doctor! Loo roll dilemmas

Dr Bethany Sollereder answers those burning questions that you can sometimes be embarrassed to ask.

While you won’t be interrogated by the receptionist, we will broadcast Bethany’s reply to the entire College.

This week, you ask:

I’ve run out of loo roll. What should I do?

Dr Bethany responds:

There is a simple and expedient answer to this difficult technical question.

Order an extension shower hose and some duct tape.

When they arrive, add the extension shower hose and then stretch the shower head over to your toilet. Now, install the shower head into the back of your toilet bowl, tilted upwards with a few strong lines of the duct tape.

Congratulations, you have now converted your toilet into a bidet.

Pro Tip: Make sure you wait long enough after the last flush to install so that toilet bowl is dry. This increases the effectiveness of the tape and means you will have to reapply less often.

Pro Tip 2: If you are lucky enough to have an external shower stop, you have your start/stop cord at the ready. For those of you who, like me, don’t have one, I suggest using a mop handle as a convenient extendable arm for starting the water.

Do you have a problem with which Dr Bethany can help? Drop her an email or leave your questions in the comments below. You’ll be surprised by the breadth of her wisdom and knowledge!

Disclaimer: Dr Bethany Sollereder is a Postdoctoral Fellow in Science and religion, specialising in theology concerning evolution and the problem of suffering. Bethany is not a medical doctor or professional psychologist; she just likes to help. If you follow her guidance, we’re absolutely not responsible for the chaos that may ensue. We’re not insured for this.