Welcome to Regent’s!

Kristin Anderson has recently joined us at Regent’s Park College as the new Personal Assistant to the Principal – Human Resources! has commenced work on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and will be looking after Human Resources: recruitment and appointments, visas, staff support and discipline, HR-Online, and SimplyHealth.

She introduces herself here:

Hello RPC!  I joined the administrative team at the beginning of the year taking on the HR aspects of the role of PA to the Principal.  I am an American in the UK since 2002 and in the words of Sting, ‘you can hear it in my accent when I talk’.  However, in contrast, I don’t take tea, I take coffee!

I grew up just outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  Milwaukee (Native American origins) sits on the western shore of Lake Michigan and is famous for the sitcom Happy Days (some generations may have head of ‘the Fonz’), Harley Davidson motorcycles and Summerfest, an 11-day music festival held at the lakefront. Wisconsin is known as the Dairy State (think cows!) as well as being the birthplace of the architect Frank Lloyd Wright and home to at least 46 of his buildings.

Starting a job in lockdown has been challenging, but then everyone is being challenged in some way under the present circumstances.  On the positive side, we will all come out of this knowing a lot more about ourselves (and- good or bad- those we are locked down with!).

I look forward to meeting everyone in person and getting to experience real life at RPC.